Douglas Alec Radford Young came to Wellington in the spring of 1910. He was a member of the Stanley.
He was both an Open Scholar on arriving and the Wellesley Scholar in 9015, became a prefect, as well as a being member of both the XV and the XI. He won a scholarship to Jesus College Cambridge.
The War saw him serving in France and Belgium with the Pioneers, before heading back to Cambridge, taking his degree in 1920. Coming down he became a schoolmaster at St Paul’s.
He joined the Loge in 1948, and was Master in 1952 and again in 1974. His mother lodge was the Old Pauline Lodge No 3969.