Lt Cmdr Norman William James Lester RNVR was in the Picton from 1915.
He served in the RNVR throughout the Second World War in both the Atlantic and the Pacific, and even managed to play waterpolo for the Royal Navy in 1940.
In peacetime Lester was the owner of the Wellington Hotel in Crowthorne, known to most OWs but now sadly closed. He was a member of the British Olympic Association.
He was initiated into the Lodge in 1937 and became Worshipful Master in 1951. He served the Lodge for 47 years.