A total of 43 brethren met at Freemasons’ Hall in London. This included five visiting from other Public Schools’ Lodges Council member Lodges and nine other visiting guests. This historic occasion marked the exact date Centenary of the consecration of the Old Wellingtonian Lodge, having been consecrated on 26th November 1909.
Exemplifying the health of the Lodge membership in recent years, a ceremony of Initiation was performed. W.Bro. Henry Hopking was the ruling Master for the ceremony, ably assisted by W.Bro. Tom Hawley.
The meeting recorded another historic moment, as HRH the Duke of Kent, KG, GCMG, GCVO, ADC, MW Grand Master and President of Wellington College was elected Permanent Worshipful Master of the Old Wellingtonian Lodge. As Grand Lodge required him to be physically installed, WM Henry Hopking proclaimed him as Honorary Worshipful Master in the meantime.
After the meeting, the members and visitors dined very well at Bucks Club.